After doing headbands, I really wanted to try a hat. My husband has been asking for one, so I decided he would be the guinea pig. I chose and bulky, black yarn, and got to work. However, about 3/4 of the way through the first pattern, I didn’t like it. So, I found a new pattern, made the changes I needed, and was able to set aside today to work on it. (Laundry can wait!)
Pattern: Got Spirit Hat
Changes to pattern:
Because I used a thicker yarn than the pattern and he has a big head, I made a few changes. He also wanted a cuff on the hat to be able to roll up.
Rnd 1, 2, 3, 4 same as pattern.
Rnd 5, do 2dc in first stitch same as chain, then dc in next 3. Repeat around (60 dc)
Rnd 6-11: dc in every stitch
Rnd 12-15: dc in every stitch but switch RS to WS facing out so cuff will be RS facing out
Rnd 16: sc in every stitch, slip stitch to first stitch, fasten off.
Yarn: Lion Brand Hometown USA in Oakland Black
Now that I have this down, I have some fun hats in the works. He also wants a scarf, so I will work with this yarn again to create some kind of scarf, which I will share as well! Anymore, it seems like I finish one project, and add 2 more.